Mission & Vision
The Mission of Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church is to fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) in helping people become fully functioning followers of Christ, teaching the tenets of Christianity, and equipping every believer for a significant minis-try by helping them discover the gifts and talents God gave them (Ephesians 4:11-16), and in obedience to the task that has been given to us by God, of reconciling people to him (2 Corinthians 5:18), whereby, to glorify God as a beacon of salvation living out transformational grace through His Son Jesus Christ. (Matthew 5:16)
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To major in spiritual concerns and minor in trivial matters.
- To encourage tithing, God’s Giving Plan and Blessing Plan (Malachi 3:10)
- To promote a praying body, involved in sincere fellowship, by embracing God’s guideline as found in the early church Acts 2:42 “And they continue steadfastly in the preachers doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayer.”
- To preach, teach, train, and lead the Body to reach and dwell in a spirit of one accord; to the Anointed Power of God’s Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:1-2)
- To promote and provide a nurturing environment which provides for the spiritual, mental and physical development of the entire body.
- To promote and provide a multitude of formal teaching, training, and equipping courses, classes, ministries, and schools so that the Body is better equipped to fulfill the Great Commission.
. . that more of the Hopewell Family truly become “Spirit- Filled”. To be filled with the Holy Spirit is to be filled with Christ. Therefore, if I am filled with the Spirit, I am abiding in Christ. I am walking in the light as He is in the light (I John 1:7), and the blood of Jesus Christ will cleanse and keep on cleansing me from all unrighteousness (I John 1:9). 1 am controlled by Christ, because the word “filling” means to be controlled and empowered by the Spirit. And if I am controlled and empowered by Christ, He will be walking around in my body, living His resurrection life in and through me.
This amazing fact — that Christ lives in us and expresses His love through us—is one of the most important truths in the Word of God. The standards of the Christian life are so high and so impossible to achieve, according to the Word of God, that only one person has been able to succeed. That person is Jesus Christ. Now, through His filling presence, He wants to enable all who will place their trust in Him to live this same supernatural spirit-filled life.
To build the Family Life Center through the Building Fund Ministry.